Even if they are minor, car accidents are an unfortunate part of life and can occur quite often. A car accident can be a scary experience, and hopefully, you will never be involved in a car crash. However, if you are interested in a car accident, there are some important steps that you can take. If you require assistance, Mandler & Sieger, LLP, are here to help. Mandler & Sieger, melville car accident lawyers, handle various motor vehicle accidents.
Make sure that everyone is safe to make sure that you get the insurance claim process started and to follow the law. If an injury is involved in a minor or major car accident, it is even more important that you know what to do and what not to do if you get yourself into a car accident. Especially if they involve personal injuries, such as automobiles, buses, bicycles, trucks, and pedestrians. If you or a family member has been involved in an accident and are injured. As a result, the office of Mandler & Sieger can assist you.
What To Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, no matter who is at fault, the process of dealing with such an accident can seem daunting. It is important to know what decisions you need to make at the car accident scene. Also, to prevent further dangers to you or others that may be involved. To find out more about what to do after a car accident, click here. Some of the steps that should be taken after a car accident are as follows:
Melville Car Accident Lawyers
- Stay at the Scene: Even if the accident is minor with no injuries, do not ever leave the scene of the accident. If someone is injured at the scene or even killed, you can face serious criminal penalties for leaving the scene if it is not appropriate to do so.
- Help: Before assessing any damage done to the vehicles involved at the scene, stay calm. Also,check on all drivers and passengers, including yourself, that are involved in the accident and make sure they are ok. If someone is injured, notify the police immediately and wait for help.
- Exchange information: Copy down all basic information of the driver(s) involved. Take down their name, address, insurance information, drivers’ license number, license plate number, other vehicle information, registration, etc.
Mandler & Sieger
- Notify Your Insurance: Contact your insurance company as soon as you can. Also, explain everything that happened and the extent of your injuries, if any.
- Document the Accident: Photos should be taken to document the accident. A report of the incident is accurate, and this can help support your claim with your insurance. Once the police arrive, take note of the name and badge number of the responding officer(s). Also, get a copy of the police’s incident report and write down any names of witnesses that may be involved.
- Start the Claims Process: Once you’ve notified your insurance company about the accident, they should tell you everything they will need to process your claim. You must make sure that you get everything entitled to under state law and your policy.
You may have many questions that you want the answers to if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident. Mandler and Sieger, melville car accident lawyers, have the answers and take all of the necessary steps to help you get the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Mandler & Sieger – Melville Car Accident Lawyers
Unfortunately, car accidents are everyday occurrences. If the accident is more than just a “fender bender” that can usually be handled without a lawyer, you may need professional legal assistance. There are many things to consider in a motor vehicle accident case. Any car accident-related injuries and how to navigate insurance or civil court claims for such injuries, looking at vehicle damage, settlement information, car accident liabilities, and so much more. Mandler & Sieger, melville car accident lawyers, cover a range of motor vehicle accident cases and provide you with the legal expertise you need. Our lawyers at Mandler & Sieger want to put you at ease. We can answer any questions you may have regarding your accident. Call us today, and we’ll handle it all for you.