Have you recently been involved in a truck accident, it is important to know what to do next. These types of accidents can be very complex, and many steps need to be taken to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Take a look at some of the most important things to do from our personal injury lawyer deer park ny at Mandler & Sieger. After a truck accident, knowing what to do to protect your rights is important. The following is a list of things you should do if you are involved in a truck accident:
- Seek Medical Attention – Your health and well-being should be your first priority after a truck accident. Even if you feel okay, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some truck accident injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
- Call The Police – You should always call the police after a truck accident, even if there does not appear to be any serious damage. The police will create a report of the accident, which can be helpful later onto file an insurance claim or lawsuit. A police report can help document accidents later on.
- Take Pictures Of The Accident Scene. If you have a camera or smartphone, take pictures of the damage to both vehicles as well as any visible injuries.
- Exchange Information With The Other Driver. Get the other driver’s name, contact information, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Gather Evidence – If you are able, you should try to gather evidence at the scene of the accident. This can include taking photographs of the damage, getting the contact information of witnesses, and anything else that could be helpful later on.
- Speak To A Lawyer – After a truck accident, you should speak to a personal injury lawyer deer park NY as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
- Do Not Give A Statement To The Other Driver’s Insurance Company – The other driver’s insurance company may contact you after the accident and ask for a statement. You should not provide a statement without first speaking to a lawyer.
- Do Not Sign Anything – After a truck accident, you may be contacted by the other driver’s insurance company and asked to sign forms. You should not sign any forms without first speaking to a lawyer. The insurance company may use the forms to deny your claim or reduce the amount of compensation you are entitled to.
By following these steps, you can protect your rights and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve after a truck accident.
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park NY Lawyer After A Truck Accident?
You should contact an personal injury lawyer deer park NY as soon as possible after the accident. An Personal Injury Lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Are Some Common Types Of Truck Accident Claims?
Some common mistakes made after truck accidents include failing to seek medical attention, failing to call the police, and failing to contact an personal injury lawyer, deer park ny. There are many types of truck accident claims, but some of the most common include personal injury, property damage, and wrongful death claims.
What Are Some Common Defenses To Truck Accident Claims?
Some of the most common defenses to truck accident claims include contributory negligence, comparative fault, and the statute of limitations.
Filing A Truck Accident Claim?
The statute of limitations for filing a truck accident claim varies from state to state, but is typically between one and two years. However, it is important to contact an personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the accident so that the statute of limitations does not bar your claim.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyer Deer Park NY
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it is important to contact Mandler & Sieger as soon as possible. Our lawyer can also help you avoid making common mistakes that could damage your claim. Contact a personal injury lawyer deer park ny today to schedule a consultation. Don’t hesitate to contact us today!