There are guidelines in place to keep you safe on the construction site. However, if those guidelines are not enforced, you can be at risk of an injury. Even if all the rules are followed, there is always a chance that an accident may occur. If you get injured on the job site, don’t settle for anything less than the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers. Mandler & Siegler, LLP has your back! To us, you’re family, so we’ll do everything we can to help you!
Common Construction Site Injuries
Even the safest worksites have some risk of injury. If you have received any of the injuries listed below at a construction site, call the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers so we can help you with your case.
- Burns: If not handled properly, many factors make construction sites a considerable fire hazard. Exposed wiring and chemicals are a fire risk on the job site. With a chance of explosions prevalent, it’s no wonder that burns are one of the most common construction site injuries.
- Head Injuries: There’s a reason it is required to wear hard hats at build sites. Falling tools or materials can cause a lot of damage to the person working below. Concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and cuts can all be caused by falling objects.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries often occur due to a fall off a ladder or scaffolding. Damage to the spine can cause paralysis and lifelong disabilities. These injuries cause an employee to stop working permanently. If that happens to you, call the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers to get the compensation you deserve!
- Cuts: Another one of the most common construction site injuries is cuts or lacerations. Lacerations can be caused by defective tools, exposed nails, and more. If ignored or not treated properly, these cuts can become infected. You should wear protective gear such as gloves to help reduce the risk of a cut.
- Broken Bones: A lot can go wrong when using heavy machinery. If not operated or secured correctly, heavy machinery can cause serious injury such as broken or crushed bones.
- Loss of Hearing: Loud noises are not a rare occurrence on a construction site. Building equipment and heavy machinery such as jackhammers make constant noise that can harm your hearing. Without earplugs to protect your ears, the noise can cause permanent hearing loss and lead to partial or total deafness.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Any movement you perform over and over again can damage your muscles. This type of injury is even more common in a construction setting due to the amount of repetitive movement needed and the weight of the tools and materials used. Back and shoulder issues are associated with repetitive motion injuries.
- Heat Stroke: Unfortunately, the weather conditions aren’t always perfect for construction workers. They need to work even in the sweltering heat. Overexertion in the heat can cause heatstroke. Untreated heat stroke can lead to heart, brain, or kidney damage, and it can even be fatal.
These construction site injuries can cause a worker to pay costly medical bills, take time off, or even force them to stop working altogether. With the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers on your side, you can receive compensation from your employer for any expenses gained due to your accident.
How Can The Best Woodbury Construction Accident Lawyers Help?
At Mandler & Siegler, LLP, we understand that construction work is challenging. When placed in an unsafe environment, accidents can happen. Your injuries may have caused you to miss work or pay expenses you didn’t have previously. You deserve to be compensated!
When we’re on the case, we do everything 100%. We’ll investigate the scene of your accident, collect evidence, receive the police accident report, and speak with the insurance company. And we don’t stop there! We’ll also help you fill out all of your insurance forms and applications.
If you have been injured while at work at a construction site, Contact us for a free consultation. We’ll discuss the details of your case and get to work getting you the maximum compensation you deserve! Give us a call or visit our website to learn more about how the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers can help you!