Welcome To Mandler Sieger Our Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
At Mandler & Sieger, LLP a personal injury lawyer huntington station ny we genuinely care about you, our client, and treat you like we would our family and friends. We understand how an accident can turn your world upside down. Our attorneys and staff will handle your personal injury case from start to finish. As our client, we promise to give you our full attention, be available when you need us, and return all of your phone calls and emails in a timely fashion. You are encouraged to call the office as often as you like with questions or to request an update on the status of your case. We will use our thirty years of experience to put you at ease and maximize your recovery.
What Happens if You Are Hurt in an Uber Accident?
Ride-sharing apps, such as Uber, have become increasingly popular in the past few years. With new ride-sharing technology comes new issues not previously considered when it comes to transportation. One issue that can arise is a car accident involving an Uber-affiliated vehicle. If you are a passenger in an Uber and become injured during an accident, you can count on the lawyers at Mandler & Sieger, LLC to get you the proper compensation for your injuries. Our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny are prepared to represent you and your case.
Does The Uber Driver’s Insurance Apply?
The car insurance of an Uber driver can only apply to a passenger who received injuries if they are at fault and their insurance policy has a special provision that provides coverage while engaged as a ride-sharing driver. However, most ride-sharing drivers won’t have this provision, and their insurance policy will not cover the passenger’s injuries. Specifically, personal car insurance policies state they have a “business use exception” that won’t cover damages or injuries while the insured acts as a for-profit driver.
Does The Company’s Insurance Apply?
Uber carries third-party liability insurance, which pays up to $1 million per accident for personal injuries and property damage if the Uber driver is at fault. However, this policy will only apply after the Uber driver’s insurance has been exhausted. If the other vehicle involved in the accident is at fault, the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier is responsible for the costs. Nonetheless, Uber’s third-party insurance will cover the damages if the at-fault driver does not have any insurance, doesn’t have enough insurance, or the responsible driver of the accident is unknown. If these insurance policies are all inadequate, then you can try going after the ride-sharing company itself.
Filing a Lawsuit Against Uber Itself With Our Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
Uber classifies its drivers as independent contractors rather than employees. A company is likely to be held legally responsible for the negligence of its employees but is not liable for its independent contractors. Therefore, trying to argue that Uber shares some blame for the crash is difficult. That is why it should be a last resort for our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny to go after Uber directly.
What Can You Recover in an Uber Car Accident?
When filing a lawsuit with our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny, you can receive forms of compensation for the following damages:
- Past and future physical pain, suffering, mental anguish, or physical impairment
- Past and future healthcare expenses including medical, hospital, rehabilitation, or disability costs.
- Economic losses, like lost wages, salary, or income
- Loss of future income due to long-term disability or permanent diminished earnings capacity
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death when the lawsuit is brought on by the family of a passed loved one
What to Do if You’re in an Uber While It Crashes
If you are involved in a crash while you are a passenger in an Uber ride, you should first make sure all parties in the vehicle are safe. Next, immediately contact the police and, if necessary, the paramedics too. You should then report the crash to Uber through their app, and the support team will guide you through the claims process. If you receive need medical help, getting medical assistance can do two things for your case:
- Get you the treatment you need to heal and recover quickly.
- Give you a documented record of your injuries if you decide to file a personal injury claim.
Tips From Our Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
Injured passengers should follow these tips while our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny to build a case:
- Attend the required doctor’s appointments
- Fill all prescription medications
- Keep receipts of medical expenses
- Records of appointments
- Keep open communication with our lawyers
- Please do not speak to the insurance company without talking with our lawyers first
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
Being involved or getting injured in an Uber accident can be confusing to handle due to the insurance policies in place. Our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny can take care of your case and make sure you get the proper compensation. Our team at Mandler & Sieger, LLC will review your claim and rightfully represent you. Contact our lawyers if you have been involved in an Uber-affiliated accident and are looking for justice.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
What Qualifies As A Personal Injury?
If someone has been injured in a car crash. It is often assumed that they would have a personal injury claim. In general terms, any injury that happens when an accident or occurrence causes harm to the individual’s body falls under the term “personal injury.” A qualified lawyer can provide more information on this topic. Or they can help with creating a claim. If you recently been involved in a personal injury, contact Mandler & Sieger, our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny, today!
A person can be injured in many ways without being involved in an accident or occurrence. This type of personal injury is referred to as “intentional torts” and is covered by the civil court system. A typical example of an intentional tort is sexual assault and actions such as battery and infliction of emotional distress. When a personal injury attorney or lawyer shows that an individual was harmed due to another party’s negligence, the victim may be compensated for their injuries.
To prove a personal injury claim, there are three components we will need to focus on. The first is to prove liability which means that it was due to negligence or some other fault of the defendant. Second, there needs to be evidence of physical bodily harm. Finally that this injury has an ongoing impact on the plaintiff’s life.
What Qualifies As A Personal Injury?
Within personal injury claims, many different types of damages can be claimed. The three main categories are general damages, special damages, and punitive damages. General damages refer to non-monetary loss such as physical pain, emotional distress, or severe congenital disabilities that need future medical attention. Special damages are the financial costs associated with an injury that is permanent or life-changing. These expenses may include a specific type of surgery. The cost of a wheelchair, or treatments that are not available on the NHS. Punitive damages are also referred to as “exemplary damages” and can be claimed in cases where it is believed that the defendant has been incredibly negligent. This means they have acted more than just carelessly and caused the plaintiff to suffer.
Carefully examine the circumstances of the injury. Seek help from a qualified lawyer if you believe that you have suffered personal injuries through no fault of your own. Contact an attorney today for more detailed advice about your case for more information about what qualifies as a personal injury. If you have been the victim of an accident. Contact a lawyer immediately for assistance in determining if your losses can be compensated.
Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
One of the most common forms of personal injury happens on our streets that we drive on each day. The majority of personal injury claims that can be made from a car accident. They would include many different medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering. In the case of a pedestrian being hit by a vehicle, even more, damages can be claimed, such as ambulance fees, long-term hospitalization, or rehabilitation expenses.
Other injuries that occur outside of car accidents can include slip and fall incidents. If someone has caused a hazard on their property that you fell into. It is possible to make a claim against them for your injuries or loss of income. Slip and fall accidents most commonly happen in public areas such as retail stores, hospitals, or restaurants.
For more information on what qualifies as a personal injury, contact an experienced lawyer today for additional details. There are many different types of personal injury claims that can be made depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident. To begin the process, you need to contact a lawyer to build your case and determine what damages can be collected.
To prove that you have suffered an injury as the result of someone else’s actions, you need to present evidence that they were at fault. You will require the help of an attorney with experience in personal injury!
Mandler Sieger – Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
Personal injury claims can vary from being relatively simple to quite complex. However, the overall requirement for any personal injury claim is that it must be proved that you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s actions which they are responsible for. If you recently been involved in a personal injury, contact Mandler & Sieger, our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny, today!
How To File A Personal Injury Claim?
Have you suffered an injury from a motor vehicle, construction, or workplace accident? If so, you should file a personal injury lawsuit. Our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny will help you every step of the way to handle your injury case. Contact our injury lawyer Mandler Sieger to learn more about how we can help with your claim today!
First Steps After an Accident or Injury
To help your case and protect your rights, here are some steps you should follow:
- Writing everything out will ensure that you are more accurate than trying to rely on your memory. Be specific and describe exactly how the accident happened. Then write about your injury and its effects on your body. If necessary, you should also include how the injury has led to economic losses.
- Preserve evidence for your injury claim. This involved getting witnesses, taking good photographs, and documenting your injuries.
- Get your medical records as they can be a key element for your case.
- Seek medical attention after an accident. This is important for your health because medical care is necessary to confirm your injuries and may be required for insurance coverage. If you wait to seek medical attention, it may make your injury seem less severe and reduce your settlement.
How to File A Personal Injury Claim
- Claim Submission: You will need to file a claim. A personal injury lawyer huntington station ny will be able to help you determine who this claim should be sent to, whether it be both the insurance companies of the person at fault and yourself or just your insurance company.
- Provide Proof: Proof will be necessary to support your injury claim in many ways. The proof will be needed to show that the other person was at fault, the seriousness of your injuries, any medical bills you received because of the injury, and more.
- Evaluating the settlement Offers: A personal injury lawyer huntington station ny can assist you on whether or not you should take the settlement offer based on the facts of your case.
- Negotiations: If you choose to reject the first settlement offer, your case moves into negotiations. Your case will go to court for final judgment if no resolution can be reached.
- File a Lawsuit: At this point, if no fair settlement can be reached, a personal injury lawsuit can be filed. Your experienced lawyers will make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Why You Should Never Defend Yourself
If you are in a situation where you have been injured and are looking to file a personal injury claim, contact a personal injury lawyer huntington station ny. Do not try to represent yourself. Check out the many reasons on why you should hire an attorney:
- Courts follow very strict rules and procedures. Attorney’s know these rules and procedures well and can help you plead your case in court following these rules and procedures.
- Many times, litigants who represent themselves make statements that ruin their cases. Our experienced attorneys know what statements to avoid in court.
- Court cases require a lot of paperwork, such as written complaints, briefs, motions, and more. Attorneys are skilled in writing these documents properly to make sure they follow the rules and deadlines.
- Also, by hiring an attorney, you can save yourself from the danger of financial losses that you might have incurred if you represented yourself.
Even though you might think you are saving money by representing yourself, it is not worth the risk.
Mandler Sieger – Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
At Mandler and Sieger, LLP, we care about our clients. Come in for a free consultation today to meet with our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny. We will discuss the details of your case, review all documents, and assess who is responsible for your injuries. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help with your injury claim today!
Does A Personal Injury Become A Catastrophic Injury?
A personal injury can turn into a catastrophic injury very easily. This is especially true if the injury is severe enough to cause long-term or permanent damage. Contact us today if you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer huntington station ny! Some factors that can contribute to an injury becoming catastrophic include the following:
- The severity of the injury
- The amount of time it takes for the victim to recover from the injury
- The extent of the victim’s injuries
- The cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Whether the victim can return to work
If you have suffered a personal injury, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This will allow you to get the best prognosis for your injury. It will also ensure that you can take the proper steps if you wish to file a lawsuit or parties involved in your accident.
A person who suffers a significant, life-changing event due to another party’s negligence may be able to file a compensation claim. Suppose the victim is successful in her claim. In that case, she may be entitled to receive damages for medical expenses, physical rehabilitation efforts, loss of earnings or income capacity, and pain and suffering.
An experienced personal injury attorney can help you file a lawsuit if you have suffered a catastrophic injury. The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit may be shorter than for other types of personal injuries, so it is important to act quickly.
How Does a Personal Injury Become a Catastrophic Injury?
A personal injury does not automatically become a catastrophic injury. The difference will largely come down to your injuries and whether they can be treated with medical care, physical therapy, or medications. Even if you suffer a major personal injury, you must discuss your situation with an experienced attorney who specializes in handling all types of personal injury cases. You may still be able to receive compensation for your injuries if you file a claim with the help of an attorney.
It is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. The attorney can review the details of your case and help you decide if you should file a lawsuit. You may be entitled to receive financial compensation for your injuries. Including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss your case and find out how they can help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Should You Do After An Personal Injury?
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Report the accident to the police, if necessary.
- Contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury cases immediately.
- Keep records of all injuries and expenses resulting from your accident. (Medical treatment, lost wages, etc.)
- Keep records of future projected losses due to your injuries. (Pharmaceutical costs, physical therapy, etc.)
- Cooperate with the insurance company investigating your accident.
- Do not sign any documents without speaking to an attorney.
It is important to take the necessary steps to protect your rights. Seek medical attention as soon as possible and contact our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny, who can help you file a lawsuit and receive the compensation you deserve.
Best Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
This will allow you to get the best prognosis for your injury. It will also ensure that you can take the proper steps if you wish to file a lawsuit against the negligent party or parties involved in your accident.
A personal injury does not automatically become a catastrophic injury. The difference will largely come down to your injuries. Whether they can be treated with medical care, physical therapy, or medications. Even if you do suffer a major personal injury. You must discuss your situation with an experienced attorney who specializes in handling all types of personal injury cases. You may still be able to receive compensation for your injuries if you file a claim with the help of an attorney.
Mandler & Sieger – Personal Injury Lawyer Huntington Station NY
If you have been injured in an accident and believe you may have a catastrophic injury. It is important to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit may be shorter than for other types of personal injuries, so it is important to act quickly. Contact our personal injury lawyer huntington station ny