WELCOME TO MANDLER SIEGER A Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer
WE ARE MANDLER & SIEGER, LLP YOUR LONG ISLAND PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
At Mandler & Sieger, LLP a Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer we genuinely care about you, our client, and treat you like we would our family and friends. Founded in 1990, our firm has earned a reputation of professionalism with our clients as well as the insurance companies and their lawyers. After originally establishing the practice in Westbury, we relocated in 2002 to our current offices in Huntington Station. Over the course of three decades, we have perfected our skills in several areas of the law and have been able to take on larger and more challenging cases. We pride ourselves on treating each and every client with professionalism and dedication, from the first free consultation to the completion of the case.
WHAT WE DO
At Mandler & Sieger, LLP we genuinely care about you, our client, and treat you like we would our family and friends. We understand how an accident can turn your world upside down. Our attorneys and staff will handle your personal injury case from start to finish. As our client, we promise to give you our full attention, be available when you need us, and return all of your phone calls and emails in a timely fashion. You are encouraged to call the office as often as you like with questions or to request an update on the status of your case. We will use our thirty years of experience to put you at ease and maximize your recovery.
COME IN FOR A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Our attorneys and staff members will meet with you to discuss and evaluate the details of your case. We will thoroughly review any documents and photographs you present to us in order to visualize the accident, and assess who is responsible for your injuries. If more information is needed, we will obtain it. You will be advised of our progress on a regular basis.
Preventing Slips and Falls in the Winter
Winter weather brings snow, ice, slippery conditions, and a temperature drop. As a result of these hazardous conditions, slips and falls can result. Depending on the severity of the person’s drop to the ground, minor or major injuries can occur. Thankfully, Mandler & Sieger, LLP can build you a personal injury case if your slip and fall accident happens in a public place. Our Huntington Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer will gather the necessary evidence of your incident and help you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
The Property Owner’s Duty to Take Care of Winter Weather Hazards
Winter-related slips and falls can occur in commercial areas outside a business or a homeowner’s property. All property owners are required to maintain the safety of their property where the public can reasonably expect to be. The public must exercise reasonable care when walking in an area known to be snowy or icy. Failing to act with reasonable care can result in a failed lawsuit depending on the comparative negligence in the place where the accident occurred. Property owners can be found liable if the following occurs:
- The property owner was required to maintain the property.
- The property owner was aware of the snow or ice.
- Property owner failed to clean up the snow or ice in a timely manner or warn the public about it.
- The snow or ice led to a person’s injuries.
- The person was legally on the property.
Our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer can take your case on if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident.
Recovering From a Slip and Fall Accident With Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you slip and fall in a public place, you may be able to recover the cost of your medical treatment by suing the property owner, and in some cases, the contractor, who was responsible for getting rid of snow and ice. You may also be titled to compensation if the extent of your slip and fall injuries caused you to miss work. Our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer can help you with the process.
Documentation of the Accident
After a slip and fall accident occurs, it is advised to document as much information about the scene as possible. Document the location of the accident, the time of the accident, and the weather conditions. Gather the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the accident or aftermath. It can also be helpful to take photos of the scene. All of this information can be helpful for our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer to build a case.
Avoiding Winter Slips and Falls With Our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer
Falls occur unexpectedly, but there are some tips to follow that can decrease your risk of falling in the first place. Some of these tips include the following:
- Wear Proper Footwear – Wear supportive shoes, such as lightweight boots with good grips. You can also purchase snow grips for the bottom of your shoes.
- Take Your Time Walking – While outside in hazardous conditions, pay attention to where you are stepping and walk slowly.
- Use Assistance – Use assistive devices when walking in the snow or ice. When going down the stairs, use the handrails for support or a walking device such as a walker or cane to assist you.
- Take Small Steps – To help maintain your gravity, take small, cautious steps in winter weather.
- Stay inside – If you do not need to go anywhere when it is icy or snowy, stay inside to avoid slip and fall injuries.
If you do end up slipping on snow or ice, do not try to catch yourself with your arms, as it can lead to more injuries. It is most efficient to take the hit of a fall on your back or bottom. After you have fallen, stay put and wait for someone to help you get up to avoid subsequent falls or in case you are injured.
Contact Our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident due to winter weather, consider our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer to represent you. Our lawyers at Mandler & Sieger, LLC can collect the evidence of your accident and help you gain the proper compensation. Contact our lawyers today if you would like to file a claim.
Fill Out This Form For Our Huntington Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
What To Do When You Are Injured At Work?
It is a sad but unfortunate reality that every year, millions of people are injured at work. Whether it’s something as simple as a sprained ankle or as severe as an amputation, injuries can be debilitating, both physically and financially. You can do several things to minimize your pain and increase your chances of healing properly when you are injured at work. If you have recently been injured at work, contact our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer today. Click here to learn more about how we can help with your injury case today!
The first thing to do is recognize and acknowledge the injury. If you think you might be injured, go immediately to your supervisor or a company medical professional. If your immediate superior isn’t available, seek out the nearest security or loss prevention member and ask for help contacting someone who can handle the situation appropriately. Medical professionals at the site of the injury are best qualified to assess whether further treatment is needed.
If you think you are injured, don’t be afraid to tell someone. The more people you can get involved in getting help for your injury, the better off you’ll be. It’s always best to seek out medical professionals at or near the site of the injury. You can also contact your company’s human resources department to ask for help organizing a visit to the doctor or clinic if you cannot reach someone immediately.
Injured workers must follow any medical guidance given by their health care provider. Including directions about work-related tasks such as resuming normal activity after an injury. You should also be aware of any provisions made by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company to cover lost wages, medical care, and more while you are recovering. You may need to sign waivers or releases before receiving some treatment or continuing with your job duties. Always check with an attorney before signing anything if possible. Visit our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer today.
- Be proactive – Most injuries can be prevented by taking the appropriate precautions in your workplace. For example, you should always follow all company policies for operating machinery or using tools to prevent injury. If an employer does not provide adequate safety gear for their employees, buy what you need with your own money to protect yourself from injury.
- Seek medical attention – immediately after your injury. If you try to “tough it out” because you don’t want to miss any work, you can end up causing more damage and prolonging your recovery time drastically. A medical professional must treat all workplace injuries as soon as possible.
- Contact an attorney – if your injury prevents you from working and you cannot work for several days or longer, you can apply for worker’s compensation benefits. An experienced workplace injury attorney will be able to help you navigate the complex legal system. Also, get you the money that you deserve after a debilitating on-the-job accident.
- Stay positive – While seeking medical attention and filing the appropriate forms is important, don’t let yourself fall into depression over your injury. Try to stay active by exercising or participating in physical therapy if you are allowed to do so. Engage in hobbies like reading, painting, sewing, etc., to keep your mind occupied while you are on the mend.
- Find a good workplace injury attorney. Injuries can be complicated to handle without professional representation in some cases. Try to find an experienced personal injury attorney with experience representing injured workers in your state. Most attorneys will offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and options with a knowledgeable attorney.
Workplace injuries happen every day, affecting millions of people. But if you follow these steps and consult a qualified attorney when necessary, you can file a workplace injury claim for the damages you deserve. This will not only make your recovery easier. It will also ensure that other employees do not have to deal with the same dangers at work!
Mandler Sieger – Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you are injured at work, do not let your employer intimidate you into trying to cover up the incident. By taking the proper steps after an injury, hiring a qualified attorney. Remaining positive throughout the recovery process, you can ensure that your workplace accident does not end up ruining your life. If you have any questions about workplace injuries or need help filing a claim with your employer, contact our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer today! Click here to learn more about how we can help with your injury case and help you go to court to pursue compensation on your behalf.
Can I Be Forced Back To Work After An Injury?
After a workplace injury, an employee may need time to heal and recuperate before returning to work. Not every injured worker’s recovery path is the same, and some employees may need more time off than others. You are entitled to different amounts of time off based on the severity of the injury. At Mandler & Sieger, LLP, we are committed to helping our clients receive the proper benefits from their workplace. Our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer can assist with getting medical bills covered and recover lost wages from time off.
What Are The Causes of Workplace Injuries?
A workplace injury may result in time away from work. They can be caused by insufficient workplace safety, or it can be a freak accident. Employers need to provide a safe environment for their employees to put them out of harm’s way. Here are the top causes of workplace injuries include following:
- Overexertion and bodily reaction
- Falls, slips, trips
- Contact with objects/equipment
- Transportation incidents
- Injuries caused by people and animals or violence
- Exposure to harmful substances or environments
Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help After A Workplace Injury
Immediately after an injury at work, a supervisor should be notified. This should be done as soon as possible because your right to file a workers’ compensation claim might be waived if the injury isn’t reported within the state-mandated time frame. After reporting the injury to your supervisor, medical attention may be necessary, depending on the severity of the injury. The supervisor must then notify their insurance carrier about the accident and file a claim with the state workers’ compensation board. Contact our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer to see how we can help with your case!
What Benefits Are You Entitled To
Workers’ compensation should cover all medical expenses from diagnosing and treating an employee’s workplace injury. This specifically includes doctor appointments, prescriptions, surgery, and medical equipment. The injured employee is also entitled to vocational rehabilitation benefits if unable to return to their pre-injury job. Workers’ compensation benefits should also compensate employees for lost wages while away from the workplace. This compensation amount is typically two-thirds of an employee’s weekly salary. The types of disability benefits include:
- Temporary Total Disability- Employees receive while off work for a limited amount of time.
- Temporary Partial Disability- Employees receive if they can perform light job duties until they can return to work at the same level of previous employment.
- Permanent Total Disability- Employees receive if they are permanently and disabled. In addition, they must be unable to return to work.
- Permanent Partial Disability- Employees receive if the complete or partial loss of the body part partially impacts their ability to work.
- Death Benefits- Families are entitled to receive when an employee is killed on the job site as compensation for the loss of financial support.
What Your Legal Rights Consist of
Injured employees need to understand their legal rights. Suppose workers’ compensation does not cover personal injuries or punitive damages, to which an injured employee may be entitled. In that case, they can file a lawsuit in civil court to recover additional damages. Some specific causes include the following:
- In the majority of states, injured employees can recover damages if their employer directly harmed them.
- Yes, employees can file a personal injury lawsuit against their employer if they don’t carry workers’ compensation insurance. However, you must prove that your employer was at fault for the on-the-job injury during civil court.
- If a workplace injury results from a defective machine or equipment, the employee can sue the manufacturer because of unsafe conditions. The manufacturer would be responsible for the compensation to the employee.
- If your workers have been exposed to toxic substances can suffer from cumulative long-term effects, including cancers, neurological damage, and lung diseases. In this case, employees can file a toxic tort claim against the manufacturer.
- When a third party causes workplace injury, the employee can then file a personal injury lawsuit against the third party.
Contact Mandler & Sieger – Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer
You cannot be forced back to work after a workplace injury. You are entitled to time off and compensation based on the type of injury, which our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer will make sure you get. At Mandler & Sieger, LLP, our lawyers will get you the justice you deserve and ensure your legal rights are carried out. Contact our team today to schedule a consultation with our lawyers.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, from a grocery store to a friend’s house, and they can result in serious injuries. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it’s important to understand how these accidents happen and what you can do to protect yourself. By hiring a personal fall injury lawyer accident in Huntington, our team can help you get the compensation for the severe injuries of your accident.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common causes include:
- Wet or slippery floors: Floors that are wet, oily, or otherwise slippery can be hazardous, especially if there are no warning signs or barriers to prevent slips and falls.
- Uneven surfaces: Uneven surfaces, such as cracked sidewalks or damaged flooring, can cause people to trip and fall.
- Poor lighting: Inadequate lighting can make it difficult for people to see where they are going and avoid hazards.
- Cluttered walkways: Walkways that are cluttered with boxes, merchandise, or other obstacles can be dangerous.
- Unsafe stairs: Stairs that are poorly maintained, lack handrails, or have other safety issues can cause people to fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Huntington Can Help
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A slip and fall lawyer in Huntington can help you understand your legal rights and pursue the compensation you deserve. Here are some of the ways a slip and fall lawyer can help:
- Investigate your case: A slip and fall lawyer can investigate your accident’s circumstances to determine who is liable for your injuries.
- Gather evidence: Your lawyer can gather evidence, such as surveillance footage, witness statements, and medical records, to prove your claim.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Your lawyer can negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company to secure the compensation you deserve.
- Represent you in court: If necessary, your lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your rights.
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, it’s important to take the following negligent steps:
- Seek medical treatment: Seek serious medical treatment as soon as possible, even if you don’t think your injuries are serious. Some injuries, such as concussions or internal injuries, may not be immediately apparent.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to the property owner or manager and document the incident with photos or video if possible for evidence of your slip accident.
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer in Huntington: Contact a slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options and protect your rights.
At the end of the day, slip and fall accidents can be serious and life-changing, and it’s important to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and get the compensation you deserve. With the help of an experienced slip, fall lawyer in Huntington, you can focus on your recovery while your lawyer fights for your rights. Contact us and call us today for an slip and fall attorneys in huntington.
Compensation For Your Losses
You may be entitled to compensation for your losses if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident. This can include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Hiring an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Huntington can help you secure the compensation you deserve. If you been injured in a fall, our experienced lawyers at Mandler & Sieger can help! Fill out a form on our website as a member of our team will reach out to help you!
Proving Your Claim
To successfully pursue a personal injury claim, you must prove that your injuries were caused by the negligence of another. This can be challenging, but an experienced slip and fall attorney can help you gather the evidence needed to prove your claim.
Experienced Slip and Fall Lawyers in Huntington
At our firm, we have years of experience representing slip and fall victims in Huntington and throughout Long Island. We understand the laws surrounding slip and fall accidents and know how to build a strong case on behalf of our clients. Our slip and fall lawyers are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, it’s important to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. The liable party’s insurance company may try to offer you a settlement far less than you deserve. Don’t accept an offer without first consulting with an attorney. Our attorneys understand your needs, therefore it’s best to come to slip and fall lawyer from our firm in Huntington today!
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
We offer free consultations to anyone who has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Huntington or the surrounding areas. During your consultation, we’ll discuss the details of your case and explain your legal options. If you choose to hire us, we’ll work tirelessly on your behalf to secure the compensation you deserve.
Slip and Fall in Huntington
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall injury in Huntington, don’t wait to seek legal representation. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a slip and fall attorney from our firm. We’re ready to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve to discuss your slip and fall accident. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can help you throughout the legal process that caused your injuries. Its best to see a doctor and contact our slip and fall accident attorney today. When arriving its best to bring your case as we can recover the compensation they deserve and secure the financial claims for your case.