We Are Mandler & Sieger, LLP Your Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
Founded in 1990, our firm has earned a reputation of professionalism with our clients as well as the insurance companies and their lawyers. After originally establishing the practice in Westbury, we relocated in 2002 to our current offices in Huntington Station. Over the course of three decades, we have perfected our skills in several areas of the law and have been able to take on larger and more challenging cases. We pride ourselves on treating each and every client with professionalism and dedication, from the first free consultation to the completion of the case. Contact our team to set up a consultation with a trusted Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer.
WHAT WE DO
At Mandler & Sieger, LLP we genuinely care about you, our client, and treat you like we would our family and friends. We understand how an accident can turn your world upside down. Our attorneys and staff will handle your personal injury case from start to finish. As our client, we promise to give you our full attention, be available when you need us, and return all of your phone calls and emails in a timely fashion. You are encouraged to call the office as often as you like with questions or to request an update on the status of your case. We will use our thirty years of experience to put you at ease and maximize your recovery.
COME IN FOR A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Our attorneys and staff members will meet with you to discuss and evaluate the details of your case. We will thoroughly review any documents and photographs you present to us in order to visualize the accident, and assess who is responsible for your injuries. If more information is needed, we will obtain it. You will be advised of our progress on a regular basis.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can be a traumatic and challenging experience. Motor vehicle accidents are prevalent personal injury cases that our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer handles. When car accidents occur, it’s usually due to an individual failing to follow the road rules or driving recklessly. Usually, a careless driver can be held responsible for injuries stemming from an accident, but exceptions do exist. New York is a no-fault state where drivers must collect from their insurance providers unless their injuries surpass the serious injury threshold.
As the name implies, wrongful death describes a lawsuit that can arise when an individual has been killed due to someone else’s negligence. Wrongful death lawsuits mainly arise out of nursing home neglect, car accidents, medical malpractice, or the use of dangerous or defective products. A wrongful death suit allows for the recovery of unique damages that are generally not present when someone suffers non-fatal injuries.
When being treated by a healthcare professional, it’s only natural to expect that they are doing everything in their power to provide quality care. Unfortunately, some practitioners fail to do this. Medical malpractice claims can arise when a healthcare professional provides a treatment that fails to uphold the proper medical standard of care, and a patient becomes injured as a result. Getting undesirable results in a treatment setting does not necessarily count as malpractice. Proving negligence is crucial to any malpractice case. Our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer will evaluate your case and help you determine if malpractice occurred.
Defective and Dangerous Products
Consumers are at risk for severe injuries from defective and dangerous products when companies fail to uphold the necessary safety measures. Dangerous products can include:
- Dangerous Toys
- Harmful Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Contaminated Food
- Defective Machinery and Tools
Our dedicated team will investigate your claim to determine if the product manufacturer adhered to their health and safety guidelines.
Slips, Trips, and Falls
Slips, trips, and falls are another type of prevalent personal injury lawsuits that can occur almost anywhere. An injury from a slip, trip, or fall can take you out of work and in need of medical care. Our experts will gather evidence to build a strong case for you and work with medical experts to help recover compensation.
In most dog bite suits, dog owners are held financially responsible for bites and other injuries caused by their dog. Laws on owner responsibility vary from state to state. In some cases, there are strict liability rules in place, making the dog owner responsible for dog bite injuries even if their dog has never shown aggression or tendency to bite in the past. Some states have one bite rules. Our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer understands the pain and suffering that can result from a dog bite. We will investigate your case and help you recover maximum compensation.
Common Construction Site Injuries
Even the safest worksites have some risk of injury. If you have received any of the injuries listed below at a construction site, call the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers so we can help you with your case.
- Burns: If not handled properly, many factors make construction sites a considerable fire hazard. Exposed wiring and chemicals are a fire risk on the job site. With a chance of explosions prevalent, it’s no wonder that burns are one of the most common construction site injuries.
- Head Injuries: There’s a reason it is required to wear hard hats at build sites. Falling tools or materials can cause a lot of damage to the person working below. Concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and cuts can all be caused by falling objects.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries often occur due to a fall off a ladder or scaffolding. Damage to the spine can cause paralysis and lifelong disabilities. These injuries cause an employee to stop working permanently. If that happens to you, call the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers to get the compensation you deserve!
- Cuts: Another one of the most common construction site injuries is cuts or lacerations. Lacerations can be caused by defective tools, exposed nails, and more. If ignored or not treated properly, these cuts can become infected. You should wear protective gear such as gloves to help reduce the risk of a cut.
- Broken Bones: A lot can go wrong when using heavy machinery. If not operated or secured correctly, heavy machinery can cause serious injury such as broken or crushed bones.
- Loss of Hearing: Loud noises are not a rare occurrence on a construction site. Building equipment and heavy machinery such as jackhammers make constant noise that can harm your hearing. Without earplugs to protect your ears, the noise can cause permanent hearing loss and lead to partial or total deafness.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Any movement you perform over and over again can damage your muscles. This type of injury is even more common in a construction setting due to the amount of repetitive movement needed and the weight of the tools and materials used. Back and shoulder issues are associated with repetitive motion injuries.
- Heat Stroke: Unfortunately, the weather conditions aren’t always perfect for construction workers. They need to work even in the sweltering heat. Overexertion in the heat can cause heatstroke. Untreated heat stroke can lead to heart, brain, or kidney damage, and it can even be fatal.
Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
These construction site injuries can cause a worker to pay costly medical bills, take time off, or even force them to stop working altogether. With the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers on your side, you can receive compensation from your employer for any expenses gained due to your accident.
When To Call A Lawyer After A Workplace Injury
Workplace injuries can happen unexpectedly and disrupt your life in significant ways. When you’ve been injured on the job, it’s essential to understand your rights and when to seek legal help. At Mandler & Sieger, your trusted Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to guide you through the process and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Visit our website to meet with us!
The Immediate Steps After a Workplace Injury
Experiencing a workplace injury can be overwhelming, but taking the right actions immediately is crucial for your safety and potential legal cases.
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health should always be your top priority. If you’ve been injured at work, seek medical attention promptly. Not only does this ensure your well-being, but it also creates documentation of your injury.
- Report the Injury: Inform your employer about the injury immediately. Most states have a specific time frame for reporting workplace injuries. Please notify us of the damage on time to ensure eligibility for your workers’ compensation benefits.
- Document Everything: Keep detailed records of the incident, including how it happened, any witnesses, and any conversations with your employer, supervisors, or colleagues regarding the injury.
- Contact Mandler & Sieger: It’s advisable to contact us at Mandler & Sieger, your dedicated Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers, as soon as possible after the injury. The sooner we are involved, the better we can protect your rights and guide you through the process.
When to Consult Mandler & Sieger, Your Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
While not every workplace injury necessitates legal intervention, several situations indicate the need to consult an attorney.
- Denial of Benefits: If your workers’ compensation claim is denied or delayed, it’s time to contact Mandler & Sieger. We can help you understand the reasons behind the denial and work to appeal the decision.
- Disputed Liability: In cases where liability for your injury is disputed, having an experienced Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer on your side is crucial. We can investigate the incident, gather evidence, and establish liability.
- Third-Party Claims: If a third party, such as a contractor or equipment manufacturer, played a role in your workplace injury, you may have the grounds for a personal injury claim in addition to workers’ compensation. Our expertise can help you navigate both claims effectively.
- Serious Injuries: Injuries that result in significant medical bills, permanent disability, or loss of income warrant legal counsel. We can help you calculate your injury’s cost and seek appropriate compensation.
Mandler & Sieger is one of the most well respected law firms in New York. If you have been a victim to negligent behavior, a slip and fall accident or anything else, call us today for an initial consultation.
The Benefits of Hiring Mandler & Sieger, Your Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
Choosing Mandler & Sieger as your Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers offers several advantages to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Legal Expertise: Our attorneys deeply understand workers’ compensation laws and personal injury regulations in Huntington. We can provide valuable insights and advice tailored to your case.
- Thorough Investigation: We conduct a comprehensive investigation into your workplace injury, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and reconstructing the events leading to the incident. This meticulous approach strengthens your case.
- Negotiation Skills: Insurance companies may offer settlements that are less than what you deserve. Our negotiation skills allow us to advocate for fair compensation that covers medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Litigation Experience: While we aim to resolve cases amicably, we are fully prepared to take your case to court if necessary. Our extensive litigation experience ensures we can effectively represent you before a judge and jury.
Finding the right Huntington personal injury attorney can be difficult. Call today to meet with our personal injury lawyer in Huntington at our law office. We have been helping injury victims for years. Our lawyer can help!
Your Trusted Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers
Experiencing a workplace injury can be a challenging and stressful time. However, you don’t have to face it alone. Mandler & Sieger, your dedicated Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers, are here to guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and pursue the compensation you deserve. Remember, contacting us early in the process is essential to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. Your well-being and financial recovery are our top priorities.
If you’ve suffered a workplace injury in Huntington, don’t hesitate to contact Mandler & Sieger today. Trust in our experience as your Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer to advocate for your rights and secure the compensation you deserve.
Indicators of an Accident Being a Personal Injury Case
In the bustling city of Huntington, accidents are an unfortunate reality that can disrupt the lives of individuals and families. When these accidents result in injuries caused by someone else’s negligence, it becomes imperative to understand whether the situation qualifies as a personal injury case. Mandler & Sieger, LLP, your trusted Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers, will guide you through determining whether you have a viable claim.
Understanding the Basics of Personal Injury
Accidents come in various forms, from slips and falls to car collisions. However, not every accident automatically qualifies as a personal injury case. To discern whether you have a valid claim, it’s crucial to understand the essential elements of personal injury law.
You may have a personal injury case when you, as the victim, sustained injuries due to another party’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct. Mandler & Sieger, LLP specializes in helping clients identify the key indicators that can turn a simple accident into a legal matter.
Establishing Liability in Huntington
One of the primary indicators that your accident may be a personal injury case is the establishment of liability. If someone else’s actions or negligence can be proven to cause your injuries, you may have a solid foundation for a personal injury claim.
As your dedicated Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers, we emphasize the importance of collecting evidence at the accident scene. This evidence may include photographs, witness statements, and any relevant documentation that can be crucial in establishing liability.
In a personal injury case, demonstrating damages is essential to seeking compensation for your losses. Damages include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Mandler & Sieger, LLP is well-versed in helping clients compile a comprehensive list of injuries to present a strong case.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, seeking immediate medical attention is vital for your health and building a robust case. Medical records, bills, and expert opinions can serve as valuable evidence in demonstrating the extent of your injuries and the associated financial losses.
Timely Action and the Role of Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
Timing is crucial in personal injury cases, and it’s essential to take prompt action. In Huntington, individual injury cases are subject to a statute of limitations, which means there’s a limited timeframe within which you can file a lawsuit. Acting swiftly not only preserves crucial evidence but also protects your legal rights.
Mandler & Sieger, LLP, your dedicated Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers, is pivotal in guiding you through the legal process. Our expertise lies in negotiating with insurance companies, gathering compelling evidence, and representing your interests in court if necessary. By enlisting our services, you can confidently navigate the complexities of a personal injury case.
Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents happen, but when they result in injuries caused by someone else’s negligence, Mandler & Sieger, LLP, are here to advocate for your rights. Understanding the indicators of a personal injury case, such as establishing liability, demonstrating damages, and taking timely action, is crucial in ensuring a favorable outcome. If you need a Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer, remember that Mandler & Sieger, LLP is here to provide the expertise and support you deserve.