We Are Mandler & Sieger, LLP Your Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
Founded in 1990, our firm has earned a reputation of professionalism with our clients as well as the insurance companies and their lawyers. After originally establishing the practice in Westbury, we relocated in 2002 to our current offices in Huntington Station. Over the course of three decades, we have perfected our skills in several areas of the law and have been able to take on larger and more challenging cases. We pride ourselves on treating each and every client with professionalism and dedication, from the first free consultation to the completion of the case. Contact our team to set up a consultation with a trusted Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer.
WHAT WE DO
At Mandler & Sieger, LLP we genuinely care about you, our client, and treat you like we would our family and friends. We understand how an accident can turn your world upside down. Our attorneys and staff will handle your personal injury case from start to finish. As our client, we promise to give you our full attention, be available when you need us, and return all of your phone calls and emails in a timely fashion. You are encouraged to call the office as often as you like with questions or to request an update on the status of your case. We will use our thirty years of experience to put you at ease and maximize your recovery.
COME IN FOR A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Our attorneys and staff members will meet with you to discuss and evaluate the details of your case. We will thoroughly review any documents and photographs you present to us in order to visualize the accident, and assess who is responsible for your injuries. If more information is needed, we will obtain it. You will be advised of our progress on a regular basis.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can be a traumatic and challenging experience. Motor vehicle accidents are prevalent personal injury cases that our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer handles. When car accidents occur, it’s usually due to an individual failing to follow the road rules or driving recklessly. Usually, a careless driver can be held responsible for injuries stemming from an accident, but exceptions do exist. New York is a no-fault state where drivers must collect from their insurance providers unless their injuries surpass the serious injury threshold.
As the name implies, wrongful death describes a lawsuit that can arise when an individual has been killed due to someone else’s negligence. Wrongful death lawsuits mainly arise out of nursing home neglect, car accidents, medical malpractice, or the use of dangerous or defective products. A wrongful death suit allows for the recovery of unique damages that are generally not present when someone suffers non-fatal injuries.
When being treated by a healthcare professional, it’s only natural to expect that they are doing everything in their power to provide quality care. Unfortunately, some practitioners fail to do this. Medical malpractice claims can arise when a healthcare professional provides a treatment that fails to uphold the proper medical standard of care, and a patient becomes injured as a result. Getting undesirable results in a treatment setting does not necessarily count as malpractice. Proving negligence is crucial to any malpractice case. Our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer will evaluate your case and help you determine if malpractice occurred.
Defective and Dangerous Products
Consumers are at risk for severe injuries from defective and dangerous products when companies fail to uphold the necessary safety measures. Dangerous products can include:
- Dangerous Toys
- Harmful Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Contaminated Food
- Defective Machinery and Tools
Our dedicated team will investigate your claim to determine if the product manufacturer adhered to their health and safety guidelines.
Slips, Trips, and Falls
Slips, trips, and falls are another type of prevalent personal injury lawsuits that can occur almost anywhere. An injury from a slip, trip, or fall can take you out of work and in need of medical care. Our experts will gather evidence to build a strong case for you and work with medical experts to help recover compensation.
In most dog bite suits, dog owners are held financially responsible for bites and other injuries caused by their dog. Laws on owner responsibility vary from state to state. In some cases, there are strict liability rules in place, making the dog owner responsible for dog bite injuries even if their dog has never shown aggression or tendency to bite in the past. Some states have one bite rules. Our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer understands the pain and suffering that can result from a dog bite. We will investigate your case and help you recover maximum compensation.
Common Construction Site Injuries
Even the safest worksites have some risk of injury. If you have received any of the injuries listed below at a construction site, call the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers so we can help you with your case.
- Burns: If not handled properly, many factors make construction sites a considerable fire hazard. Exposed wiring and chemicals are a fire risk on the job site. With a chance of explosions prevalent, it’s no wonder that burns are one of the most common construction site injuries.
- Head Injuries: There’s a reason it is required to wear hard hats at build sites. Falling tools or materials can cause a lot of damage to the person working below. Concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and cuts can all be caused by falling objects.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries often occur due to a fall off a ladder or scaffolding. Damage to the spine can cause paralysis and lifelong disabilities. These injuries cause an employee to stop working permanently. If that happens to you, call the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers to get the compensation you deserve!
- Cuts: Another one of the most common construction site injuries is cuts or lacerations. Lacerations can be caused by defective tools, exposed nails, and more. If ignored or not treated properly, these cuts can become infected. You should wear protective gear such as gloves to help reduce the risk of a cut.
- Broken Bones: A lot can go wrong when using heavy machinery. If not operated or secured correctly, heavy machinery can cause serious injury such as broken or crushed bones.
- Loss of Hearing: Loud noises are not a rare occurrence on a construction site. Building equipment and heavy machinery such as jackhammers make constant noise that can harm your hearing. Without earplugs to protect your ears, the noise can cause permanent hearing loss and lead to partial or total deafness.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Any movement you perform over and over again can damage your muscles. This type of injury is even more common in a construction setting due to the amount of repetitive movement needed and the weight of the tools and materials used. Back and shoulder issues are associated with repetitive motion injuries.
- Heat Stroke: Unfortunately, the weather conditions aren’t always perfect for construction workers. They need to work even in the sweltering heat. Overexertion in the heat can cause heatstroke. Untreated heat stroke can lead to heart, brain, or kidney damage, and it can even be fatal.
Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer
These construction site injuries can cause a worker to pay costly medical bills, take time off, or even force them to stop working altogether. With the best Woodbury construction accident lawyers on your side, you can receive compensation from your employer for any expenses gained due to your accident.