The system of workers’ compensation is “fault-free.” This means that you are still eligible for worker’s compensation benefits regardless of whether your actions, your employer, or a coworker caused your injury. At Mandler & Sieger, LLP, we will ensure that you have experienced professionals on your side, that we will fight for your rights, and that you will receive the maximum compensation possible for injuries caused by a doctor’s negligence. With workers’ compensation lawyers suffolk county ny, we will make certain that your healthcare bills are paid, that you are compensated for lost wages, and that you receive the proper compensation for your injuries.
What is Hernia Mesh?
Hernia mesh is a medical device that helps heal damaged tissue around hernias. Surgeons attach the mesh to the area surrounding the hernia with stitches, staples, or glue. The mesh pores allow the tissue to grow into the device.
What is a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
Complainants in hernia mesh lawsuits claim that mesh manufactured by companies failed, resulting in severe injuries that necessitated revision surgery. Patients are suing manufacturers for monetary damages such as lost wages, medical bills, diminished quality of life, and pain and suffering. People who filed claim:
- Product design flaws
- Improper product labeling, including a failure to warn patients and doctors about the risk of mesh failure and complications
- Product manufacturing flaws
- Malpractice by the complainant’s doctor, who implanted the defective mesh
Navigate Your Workers’ Compensation Claim with Confidence – Find a Lawyer in Suffolk County Today
Individuals who filed lawsuits had hernia mesh complications that required at least one additional surgery to correct. Many people claim that their issues persisted after revision surgery. Suppose you’ve had one or more of the hernia mesh complications and your doctor recommended revision surgery. In that case, you can file a lawsuit with our workers’ compensation lawyers suffolk county ny. Listed below are injuries leading to a hernia mesh lawsuit:
- Adhesion: The mesh implant adheres to other organs and tissue.
- Pain: Nerve damage or chronic inflammation may occur following hernia mesh surgery.
- Infection: Infection may result from chronic inflammation around the hernia mesh.
- Mesh Failure: The implant causes complications, including pain and hernia recurrence, and must be removed.
- Migration: Hernia mesh spreads from the site of the initial surgery to other parts of the body.
- Perforation of Organs or Tissues: During migration, the hernia mesh punctures other body parts.
- Hernia Recurrence: If the mesh fails, the hernia may reappear. It’s a common side effect of hernia surgery.
- Revision Surgery: One or more surgeries, depending on the severity of complications
- Delayed or Long-Term Complications: Recurrence of chronic pain, adhesions, or hernias may occur years after the initial surgery.
Who Is Eligible to File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
Suppose you had hernia mesh surgery and experienced serious complications. In that case, you may be able to file a hernia mesh lawsuit, especially if the mesh was made by manufacturers such as Ethicon, Atrium, or Bard Davol. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that your lawsuit is filed on time. A statute of limitations is a time limit that varies by state. You will be able to file a lawsuit if you complete the deadline.
Additionally, suppose someone other than you was to blame for the accident. In that case, you have the right to file a “third party” claim directly against the responsible party to pursue additional damages for your pain and suffering.
What You Should Know Before You File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
Take the time to research the brand and manufacturer of your mesh implant before filing a lawsuit. This information should be included in your health files. You should also be aware of the dates of your initial and subsequent surgeries. Consider making plans to keep the old mesh for evidence in the event of a lawsuit before your revision surgery.
Get the Justice You Deserve with Suffolk County’s Top Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
By choosing the highest quality workers’ compensation lawyers suffolk county ny, our team of professionals will have you fully compensated for any injuries incurred. We also will have you back to work and to the daily activities you love in no time! Visit our website or contact us today to schedule a consultation and ensure that your case is in the right hands!