Approximately 5.25 million accidents happen in the U.S every year. Several factors, such as speeding and reckless driving, are significant causes of accidents. Mandler & Sieger offers help with car accident troubles; as part of the best Woodbury car accident lawyers, Mandler & Siegler provides information on lawsuits. When you need expert legal advice from experienced professionals, contact our team at Mandler & Siger.
Top Causes of Car Accidents:
- Distracted driving is the leading cause of car accidents. While talking or looking at a phone, eating, talking to other passengers, looking for directions, or not paying attention to the road, distracted driving is anything that distracts a driver from their complete attention to their driving.
- Reckless driving is another cause of car accidents; this occurs when drivers are aggressive and often impatient, not fully looking to make sure it is clear to go or following behind a car too closely.
- Drunk driving is not only illegal, but it is also hazardous. This occurs when someone is intoxicated and cannot make decisions or be able to function to drive properly.
- Speeding is also highly dangerous and is the main cause of car accidents. This occurs when people are impatient and reckless while going over the mph of the speed limit.
- Tailgating occurs when people drive too close to the back of other cars, not leaving enough space or time to react and stop if something happens. It is advised and safer if you leave room for a whole vehicle between you and the car in front of you for each ten mph speed you are going. For example, if you are going 20 mph, you would leave room for two cars; if you are going 30 mph, you would leave room for three, and so on.
- Driving under the influence of drugs is highly dangerous; similar to driving drunk, people driving high on drugs cannot think, make decisions, or have the reaction time or senses to drive safely.
- Natural factors such as rain, ice, or snow have huge impacts on driving and cause many accidents. Rain causes the roads to be wet, making it possible for vehicles to uncontrollably slide on the road, known as hydroplaning, which can be very dangerous. Ice and snow are other dangerous factors. Black ice can be hidden or hard to see, causing cars to spin and slide. Snow can create hazardous driving conditions as well.
- Drowsy driving mainly occurs late at night into the early morning. This happens when drivers experience fatigue and struggle to keep awake. It is advised to find a palace to pull over and take a nap to reduce the risk of an accident.
- Animals running into the road cause many accidents because they may jump right in front of people’s cars, or people may try to swerve to avoid hitting an animal and hit something else instead. It is advised to drive slow when animal crossing signs are present and use your high beams in darker areas where visibility is low.
- Tire Blowouts are caused when a tire explodes and loses its pressure rapidly. This can cause the driver to completely lose control of the car and can be very dangerous.
- Running red lights or missing a stop sign can cause severe accidents because these are designed for drivers to stop for oncoming traffic and other drivers on the road. When a red light or stop sign is missed, this can cause a dangerous accident.
- Quick and unsafe lane changes are the leading causes of car accidents as well. It is crucial to make sure you look, and it is safe and clear to change lanes.
Best Woodbury Car Accident Lawyers
It is essential to always be careful and cautious when driving to reduce the risk of car accidents and injuries to yourself and others while on the road. Make sure to be safe while paying attention to you and other drivers on the road.
For more information on the top causes of car accidents, click here and contact our best Woodbury car accident lawyers at Mandler & Sieger.
Mandler & Sieger are here to help you with your car accidents and provide you with information on personal injuries. Contact our best Woodbury car accident lawyers today to learn about how we can help you with your situation!